Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 143

Thread: Art Corner

  1. #31
    Inactive Member SailorPenguinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    O.O... ::is in awe:: All of your drawings put me to shame. ...But I'm posting some anyway >.>

    Shido from Nightwalker
    Kei's sister from Oneigai Teacher
    Chibi Kokuyo from Wish (I'm sorry, I happen to like CLAMP)
    Chibi Wolfwood!! XDD from Trigun
    Vincent of FFVII
    and
    the chibi version of my friend Joey =P
    Also, an angelfire page of stuff I've made on photoshop

    I only spit out REALLY good drawings (IMO) around every other month now... >.> And right now, I'm working on a piccy of Subaru-kun from X/1999 ^-^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ October 29, 2003 06:40 PM: Message edited by: SailorPenguinz ]</font>

  2. #32
    Inactive Member aramaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HAPPY HALLOWEEN minna-sama xDDD

    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3658460/

    for all of you,wonderful ppl ^.^

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Jojjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yakitori: Right back at ya! ^.^ (Though maybe a bit late...)
    This is another very quick sketch... ^.^;;
    (I have to stop posting these.)
    Lots of bonus points to anyone who can figure out who was the model for this! ^.~

    SailorPenguinz: I love those chibis - I really do!

    By the way, did anyone go to my page or did you just look at the group picture? ^.^;;
    Sorry, I just needed to know if I should put the pics on html pages or leave them like that...

    Ah, that was compleatly irrelevant.

    A late happy halloween to everyone
    from
    Joanna

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ November 01, 2003 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Jojjo ]</font>

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Deushi Yoshiharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the flowers in Joanna's 'Tsukiori Kira' picture. Very nice. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Here's a pic I drew back when I was looking at Magic Knight Rayearth art: <font color="#00FF00">Kaoru Design 4 Pic</font> You can tell by the eyes.

    And here's one of a lady in a kimono that I never finished. -_- I just lost the vibe. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    <font color="#00FF00">Kimono Lady</font>
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Grax's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Oh my god!!! all of your pictures are soo pretty...I cannot do anything on the comp...
    -_______-" Anyway my pics are in my deviant account....
    http://grax.deviantart.com/

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Deushi Yoshiharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Grax's art reminds me of a stained glass window or complete silence in a church. Or a tear falling down the cheek of an emotionless face. I wouldn't be surprised if you're a Kaori Yuki fan. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Here's a fairy: <font color="#00FF00">FairyPerson</font>
    [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    errr...ive got no art to show, but since this is the art thread...figure id put my lil comment here.

    tommorow im going to PORTFOLIO DAY **sparkly music**

    i dont really know what to do. im alittle nervous about having people who actually draw or teach etc..look at my work. plus there's prolly gunna be a like a 100's more people who are way better. ahh..im kinda thinking i wish i hadnt decided to go. AND...now im wondering if i should censor some of my work..or show as is. for example, the original pic of my ava....makes some people get weirded out.

    plus ive got this other one with an angel flicking you off...and then bunch of kiss scenes.

    im thinking though..these are real art people, not dopey teenagers, so maybe they will appreciate it the way i do...hopefully

    wish me luck ^_^'

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just so you know...

    ...bitter college graduate here...

    there is a LOT of snobbery in the "Real Art" world. (It's the only professional field I know of where people are BIGGER "high culture" snobs than the English literature field, and that's saying something.)

    Chances are that people may look at your anime-style portfolio, and go "oh that's so trendy it can't possibly be any good, not to mention it's just comics," and dismiss it out of hand.

    This has happened to several art students I know who wanted to apply to art school in college with the specific intention of becoming animators, but the fuddy-duddies in charge of the program weren't interested in anything that wasn't either (a) photorealism or (b) unrecognizable surrealist attempts at inventing a non-style.

    So I'm saying if people at the portfolio review belittle your work, it's NOT BECAUSE YOUR WORK IS BAD, it's because they're likely too "high culture elitist" and/or "it's just comic books" prejudiced to take it seriously... @_@

    and here's hoping you DON'T encounter the same reactions my friends did! Here's hoping your portfolio reviewers actually have (gasp) reasonably open minds...

  9. #39
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    **if they had a smiley face that was wiping away the sweat of hard work, i would put it here!** lol

    yah i just finished organizing my portfolio. ive got my huge paintings in this carry on thing i got from art, and then i've got my big book. i decided on going by medium, theme, and quality. yah i should have mentioned...i do more than just anime ^_^...i draw real life portraits, i wouldnt say they are my main staple, but they are pretty good, or so im told. thats what i mainly get paid to do anyway. but yah i draw all kinds of thing. im just worried, that like you said, they will be like....oh..another anime geek.

    sooo nervous....im prolly rearange my portfolio another five times..maybe chronologically

    eee...i can feel that this will be another sleepless night (i seem to be having a lil insomnia...haven't slept well in like two weeks)

  10. #40
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    @jadey: shall I be late or not: good luck!!! ^_______^

    @Deushi: cute fairy ^^

    @Grax: nice dools, looks lively dead, a bit like Muraki's dolls would look like, or maybe a bit alichino style, anyway, nice work. ^^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ November 08, 2003 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Yue ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •